<VV> Gearshift

Mel Smith my65vair at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:53:36 EST 2005

Finally got my '65 Corsa Coupe driving, and already problems are surfacing.
Car has a four speed , and I have difficulty shifting into third or fourth
gear. I can't figure out where to put the lever, because of the vague shift
pattern. Will hear gears whine a little, then no gears are engaged when I
release the clutch. Can achieve reverse, first, and second no problem. It's
possible that I have gotten into third or fourth gear before, but I have to
judge by the sound of the engine, since I have no tachometer. Either way I
have a feeling there is a problem. Does it seem more likely that it will be
rooted in the linkage or in the inner workings of the transmission? Any
insight will be appreciated.