<VV> PG 140 motor rebuild, more

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Sat Nov 5 16:46:40 EST 2005

Actually, I have a related question.

Let's say he wants to use the stock Corsa 140 crank instead of the retarded PG140 crank. The stock
140 891/304 cam would be a dog behind a PG and the 889 cam would top out way too soon (which is
why they retarded the crank to move the power band up the rpm scale a bit).

Would an improved cam like the Clark's 260 grind (which reportedly has much more low end than the
304 cam) work in place of the 889 cam without retarding the crank? Maybe have the best of both
worlds?

I run a 140PG engine behind a 4sp transmission... I really like the combo for a driver but definitely miss
the top end power...

Bill