<VV> backfiring out carbs and exhaust (long)

Dominique Allen corvair at home-town.biz
Mon Nov 7 19:56:28 EST 2005

Keith,

I went through the same thing with my 140 engine.  It had been rebuilt and
sat for at least 5 years before being used.  I tried the cold and hot
adjustments.  It was backfiring so hard through the exhaust while I was
doing the hot adjustment it blow a hole in my driveway.  Be careful that
asphalt hurts when it is hot.

I came to the conclusion that the springs had compressed some.  I ran it for
a while and had to do the hot adjustment a few more times before it finally
settled out.

Best of luck, Dominique