<VV> Weird Carbs

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 22:33:19 EST 2005

Just wondering how many others might have run across an oddity I found this
past weekend? While stripping a Corvair Carter YH carb I found that it had
two idle mixture needles, one next to the other. Since this is a cast iron
base, and since it had an extra "step" where the threads were tapped, it
almost seems "factory". The only problem is that the extra hole doesn't
hook in with the original idle circuit cavity.

Also came across a pair of those elusive hybrid secondary carbs from 1968/9
with idle circuits. They have primary venturi clusters, a complete idle
circuit, but no internal vacuum slots and no means of adjusting anything.
FWIW,
The Carbmeister