<VV> Quick Steering Arms

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 10:27:10 EST 2005

<snip>
Hmmm.  When I was autocrossing my 66 Corsa with factory QS and factory
HDS, I found the steering still too slow.  I have added some aftermarket
(Crown? I'd have to look it up after decades) arms but not yet tested them.

And shouldn't the fastest arms be the shortest arms?

kirby <unsnip>
Correct.

My comment was: "Yes, there are at least three aftermarket lengths ranging
from just right  to way too fast. The one to have is the longest aftermarket
arm."

I'm aware of five different lengths:
inorder:
Stock
Factory QS
Fitch sprint
Aftermarket long
Aftermarket short

Here's a link to a photo: http://members.aol.com:/nicolcs/Vairpics/qs_arms

The one labelled "typical" is the one I prefer for street and autocross.  It
yields three turns lock-to-lock.  The photo was taken by a club member at a
swap meet and sent to me during a previous QS discussion.
Craig Nicol