<VV> fan belts & corvairs in a pinch

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 9 23:32:28 EST 2005

OK.... I'm back.  It turned into an odyssey.  Replaced the battery - $75.00
and still not charging.  Turned out to be the alternator.  Batt was 6 yrs
old anyway and winter is coming, so just as well.  GM got the bill for the
alternator since this is now the THIRD one in 122,000 miles.

Checked on the 15560 belt at Auto Zone.  They have Duralast for $5.00,
Valucraft for $4.00 and Good Yr Gatorback (I think that is a top notch belt)
for $10.00, all in stock.  So, buy a $4.00 one to put on for now and order
the Dayco top cog from Lon.  When it comes, switch belts and put the (now)
spare one up above the wheel well.  In fact, check above all the wheel
wells.  You might already OWN a spare!

Later, JR