<VV> the Darien

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Nov 10 13:29:01 EST 2005

At 05:45 hours 11/09/2005, MarPack57 at aol.com wrote:
>Picked up the fall 1962 issue of Automobile Quarterly with a nice layout on
>the three 61 sedans "Daring the Darien" Question is where are they now?

I'd heard that the three '61 Corvairs were left there and thus did
not come back to the USA.    Word has it that one of them possibly
survived until fairly recent times (1980s?) in that a Vair claimed to
be one of the three Darien cars still existed in a rather distressed
condition someplace in South America.

Anyone know anything about this rumor...?    Now THAT would be a
Corvair to go locate, acquire, and restore for the CPF Museum.

tony..