<VV> the Darien

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Nov 10 18:55:14 EST 2005

At 08:50 hours 11/10/2005, Padgett wrote:

>>Anyone know anything about this rumor...?    Now THAT would be a
>>Corvair to go locate, acquire, and restore for the CPF Museum.
>
>Better yet you could probably bring what's left back in a single garbage bag.

Unfortunately that's probably not far from the truth.    Whatever may
have been left since the '80s is likely now a pale shadow of oxidized
recycled warbird crumbling into the soil.   I've seen what happens to
an early sedan that gets left in a dampened shaded humid flora-rich
environment for ten years...  fell apart when someone tried to move it.

It might be a nice thought but those three Vairs are likely long
since gone or so badly corroded that there's hardly enough left to
bother with bringing back... unless it was to become a novelty
display of the remains of the rusted hulk which would likely require
some additional structural support in order to keep from slowly
settling into a heap of rust flakes.

On another note:

Did the "From Here To There" '60 sedans fare any better than the
Darien '61s?

tony..