<VV> Instrument Panel lights

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 17:24:23 EST 2005

<snip>
What I have seen in three different pods is 1895 (2 cp) bulbs used for main
installations and that is also what the electronic gizmo says at Pep Boyz.
My Service manual says the 1816 (3 cp) is OEM. Was this a running change ?
Is there a reason not to use the brighter 1816 ? (like things melt ?).
Anyone know ? Padgett <unsnip>

I wouldn't see a problem using the 1816 in the lighting except for the
tachometer. The tachs have plastic bulb housings inside that contain the heat.  In
my tach repairs, I frequently see these internal lenses melted or burned
through.
Craig N.