<VV> Okay, I AM an Idiot!

Jeff Clark corsa2006treasurer at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 10:16:17 EST 2005

My apologies to anyone that took offense to my "Huh?"
e-mail.  People keep telling me great things about
Virtual Vairs, and I thought it worked like a forum.
Obvious to me now, it's NOT a forum, and I think I'm
starting to understand how it works. (Perhaps a more
basic description of the workings, along with a BIG
WARNING that ANYTHING you e-mail is posted for
EVERYONE to see, would be of great benefit to us
"newbies.")  When I sent an e-mail detailing my
frustrations, I thought it would go to ONE PERSON, who
could then direct me as to how to navigate within the
site.  Little did I know that my e-mail would be
broadcast to the whole world! (Now I know how that guy
in Home Depot felt, the one that got his butt glued to
the toilet seat...)

Again, my apologies to all, but my frustrations
resulted from being unable to decipher posting here,
then were compounded when (after figuring out how to
get into the archives) I found messages about the 2006
convention that were totally incorrect.  There's a
GREAT group of dedicated people that are working
EXTREMELY hard to bring you the best CORSA convention
yet (that's not boast, but a fact).  As a member of
the convention organizing committee, I'm amazed at how
far we've progressed, and you'll be able to see that
progress very soon, when our website goes live.  So,
I'm sure you can understand how disheartening it was
to come here, on my first visit, and read negative
postings and rumors from people that are neither
members of the committee, nor have made an effort to
help in the convention's creation.  I don't have a
problem with members that don't want to help (hey,
it's STILL a free country, the last time I checked);
but to sit on the sidelines and ruminate about what we
might or might not be doing, just to undermine our
efforts so far, WILL elicit a response far less
diplomatic than this one.

All right, now that THAT'S out of the way, let me
offer two things:  if anyone here has ANY questions
about the convention, please feel free to contact me
personally.    I promise to answer your questions
honestly, and if I don't know the answer, then I'll
forward your e-mail to someone on the committee that
does.  Secondly, we're working on a monthly convention
newsletter that will be going out to all the chapters.
 Well, all the chapters with e-mail addresses.  I
snail-mailed those chapters without (about 10, I
believe) several weeks ago, and haven't heard back
from them.  So, if you'd like to be able to read the
newsletter and your chapter does not have an e-mail
listed in the CORSA website, PLEASE have someone from
your chapter contact me!  Thanks for listening and
understanding, and I look forward to an over-loaded
in-box!

Jeff Clark