<VV> Corvair siting in music video

Nick Elzinga starship at worldonline.co.za
Sat Nov 12 14:20:58 EST 2005

My 65 Monza Coupe was advertised in the local CAR magazine in November 1987.
I didn't get to see the car until May the following year, as it was located
600 miles from where I live.  That was in Bloemfontein - smack bang in the
middle of South Africa.  The car had been there for close on 20 years.  I
was young and penniless, so I only managed to scrape the money together by
1990, some 2½ years later, in which time the car had still not been sold.  I
bought it in October 1990.

To the best of my knowledge, its early history is that it was imported from
America by someone in Pretoria who then round about 1968 sold it to Eric
Huebsch in Bloemfontein - a lawnmower distributor and service station owner.

On his retirement to the coast, he decided to sell the Corvair, which is
when I bought it.

Nick