<VV> BBS - off topic

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Nov 14 14:50:58 EST 2005

I can do you one ever better. Remember the Collecovision video game system? Well they offered a
computer add-on for it in the early 80's. Cassette tape drive (to load programs), real typewriter printer
(extra credit in college for having "hand typed" my papers (without mistakes!) while most folks were using
a cheap dot matrix printer than was hard to read), used a TV for the screen. Came with a built-in 300
baud modem!

This thing was great. Not only could I log onto the college mainframe as an X-terminal (allowing me to
work from home) I could also use BBS's... and as DOS was brand new then and just being used by
businesses (with no protection), with just a little DOS knowledge, the mainframe access number, and  a
little ingenuity it was no problem to go most anywhere you wanted... this is when real "hacking" started in
earnest... and you could do it with a $100 video game...

Corvair content? I bought my first Corvair about the same time....

Bill