<VV> RE: Porsche/ Corvair (Cadet)

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Tue Nov 15 04:22:08 EST 2005

> reminded me of a tiny German sedan that was running around in the
> '60s through Europe (Thomas likely knows the one I'm talking
> about)...  note that Opel resurrected the name, in a roundabout sort

Yes, the Opel Kadett was one of the three most popular cars in the 60/70s
around here, always second after VW Kaefer/Golf but more sold than the
Ford Escort. Always understood it as proper name of a lower end medium
class car compared to the big Opels named like Kapitaen, Admiral, Diplomat
 ... BTW the Opel Diplomat always came with a Chevy V8 engine.

In 1991, after Kadett version A, B, C, D, E, Opel got rid of the name
Kadett and renamed the new car version to "Astra".

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl  ts1 at corvair.de  Karlsruhe, Germany
Swiss Corvair Club / Subchapter Germany