<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 86, 140 eng with PG

Silveyyevlis at aol.com Silveyyevlis at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 00:49:18 EST 2005

The 140 engine with PG is no dog if you have the right cam shaft and the
right PG governor. Had a 66 with PG and air cond. it was a great car to  drive.
Wish I had never sold it.

I also took a 140 from a 4 speed tran. and put it with a PG and it was  worse
than a dog, more like a motor boat in a lake of molasses in the winter  time.
However, for every 5 mph from 55 mph to 70 mph the gas mileage went  up one
mpg.  Evidently the torque curve peak must have been around 70 mph.  At $3.00
per gal. a dog might not be so bad.

The way I drove the dog was with the left foot on the brake, rev the engine
up and when the light changed simultaneously go full throttle and release the
brake.

Regards Tom Silvey,
65 Convert & 67 4Door