<VV> Re: End of the Corvair Season: NOT YET

bmooers at farniente.com bmooers at farniente.com
Thu Nov 17 15:15:09 EST 2005

Norm, I enjoyed reading your note; it prompted me to reflect on why I live
in Napa Valley CA. I moved to CA to get in the wine business about 20
years ago. I grew up in the east and understand the reality, stuggle, and
pleasure of living in a more challenging climate.  Nothing could prepare
me for living in Michigan winters, however.
When I got out of bed today - it was another perfect day in Napa Valley.
(70's all week, crystal clear skies) I decided to drive my 63 Spyder Conv
to the winery where I work. It was a great ride!
We have just finished harvesting the grapes from the 2005 vintage - it is
going to be a great vintage of very high quality. The leaves on the vines
are a stunning mix of orange, green, gold, and red. The trees are dropping
their leaves, fall is in the air. You can actually smell the wine
fermenting as you drive up highway 29. I will have the top down tonight
when I drive home. No need for a heated garage, I will pull in and park
between my 66 Corsa Conv and 1987 Porsche Carrera (sorry guys - my true
passion IS 'vairs). I will have those out next week. I guess my blood has
become thin living here - but what can I say dude! Its totally awesome!

PS: Don't worry will we will get our rainy season, and soon enough, I will
not be driving the 'Vair. By the way, you would not want to live here..
believe the newspapers: it is nothing but earthquakes, fires, floods,
overpriced real estate, and riots. A terrible place - ha!

Bruce
Bruce C. Mooers
National Director of Sales
Far Niente