<VV> The end of Corvair season--minimal Corvair

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Thu Nov 17 17:10:11 EST 2005

For me the season never ends for Corvairs and our other toy cars.  It just
goes from driving season to project season.  The warm weather is spent
driving one of our several toy cars and the cold weather is spent getting
them ready for another driving season.  No major work gets done on the cars
during warm weather, so I need to cold to get caught up on projects.

This winter the '73 Nova is scheduled to get some cosmetic and performance
upgrades, the '65 Corvair we purchased back in 1996 comes home again after
37 years to become an autocross and track-days car, the '66 Corvair convert
gets a tune-up, the '69 Corvair should get new paint, but probably won't,
and the '96 Miata will be lucky if it gets a good wax.

I don't know what I'd do if I lived somewhere it was warm all the time!
Besides, the cold weather keeps the riff-raff out.  We have a 3-car heated
attached garage for the projects and a 24'x36' foot detached garage for
winter storage.  The heated garage usually has two projects in it at any
given time, so my daily driver sits out most of the winter.

Dave Keillor in snowy Minnesota