<VV> ANFSCD, the idle

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu Nov 17 23:37:57 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Padgett" <pp2 at 6007.us>
. Advance is now at 14 degrees initial and 42 degrees total
> at 2000 rpm which sounds about right. More important advance with Petronix
> II is rock steady from 450-900 rpm (below 450 the timing light seems to
> shut off)
*********
Your total is a bit high, if no vacuum is active.  34 or 36 is about maximum
for total ( not counting any vacuum )   You need to jam the maximum movement
a bit,  or since it didnt seem to make a lot of difference, go back to your
less initial of 8 ^ or so.  eventually it would be nice to get to the spec
timing all around, but too much total could make those nasty holes in the
tops of the pistons.  I have been running my 110 manual for about 10 years
at 8^ initial, get good mileage and adequate idle, can run on junk gas ....
it does fall on it's face at about 4200 rpm tho (g) ...
*******
Let us know if changing those plugs helps.... or " seems to  " help ... my
110 manual seems a little rough since I put in the W8AC plugs.

regards, ken campbell, iowuh