<VV> ANFSCD, the idle

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 00:05:02 EST 2005

I just had a thought.. oh boy, that hurt!  I chased an idle misfire on my '67
FOREVER and changed and improved all kinds of ignition and carburetor related
things but didn't solve the random idle misfire.  In the end, it turned out
to be a slipped-out teflon bushing in the carburetor body.  It created enough
of a vacuum leak that #5 (the close to the carb) developed a lean misfire after
idling a while.  I got a longer teflon sleeve from Grant and all became well.
 I discovered the problem by pushing and pulling vertically on all the
throttle shafts.  When I found that one had some movement and that moving it
affected the sound in the engine compartment, I took off the carburetor to
investigate.  At least I got a pertronix and MSD-5 that I didn't really need but enjoy
having :-)
Craig Nicol