<VV> New reader - Older owner

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 09:12:41 EST 2005

Hey guys,
This fellow isn't on the VV list, but I just met him about 3 weeks ago. A
neighbor kept telling me he saw a Corvair while on his way to Hodgenville and he
wanted to show it to me. I did some gunsmith work for him and he owed me
lunch, so on our way home he took me past the guy's house, and there was a 62 700
sedan, looking VERY wore down... I talked to the guy and he said he bought it
new in 62, and still had all the papers on it... the Fisher Body Tag had abuild
date of 03 C on it, and I asked him if it was in March or April... he smiled
and said April 1st, 1962... he had traded in a 1959 Impala, even.... and
everyone said he was a fool for doing it....
Oh, the car was a 3 speed with the base engine...
But, since he's not on the VV list, I don't think he should count, so Larry
still has the ball as far as I'm concerned...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg