<VV> new thread, re-engineering a LM coupe

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Nov 18 16:43:33 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis C. Armer,Jr." <carmerjr at mindspring.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

> Ted Fahrenthold's son Dwight is going to undertake restoring a late model
coupe
> and wants to LOWER the entire suspension of the car and have a low
> rider that will
> Chuck Armer
*********
.... if he LOWERS the suspension, he will have a HIGH RIDER.;

.... he needs to RAISE the suspension to get a low rider.

heh heh, anyway, the quick way is to put on some 60 series 13 inch tires in
the front, and then go drive it on the street ....   after a couple chug (
chuck ) holes, and resulting sheet metal/spoiler damage, he might be over
his need for a " genuine racing street car ".

I ran my '69 that way for a while ... one dark night I was boy racing around
a country road, and all of a sudden I seen two big ears over the top of the
hood .... EEEEK A DEER ... I thought, but then realized it was a cottontail
bunny ....    anyway, tore off my front factory spoiler plastic thingy ....
and I had to scrape bunny parts off the front end ...   how embarrassing.  I
have to say that was my best handling corvair tho ....

Now I like to watch the Euro Ralleye cars on Speed  .... they need to clear
pebbles and crick banks etc. etc., .. awesum driving too ....
********
just some trivia ken campbell, iowuh.