<VV> Cams and Caps

Tom Wright mail2tom at vaxxine.com
Fri Nov 18 21:21:10 EST 2005

Hi to all.

I have two questions today.

1: I have the most of the front end installed in the 66 Corsa. I put Clark's speedo cable in. The hub end of the cable sticks out of the spindle a bit, and when I put the dust cap on, it pushes the cable back into the housing and it won't fit on the speedo anymore. The cap is bent a bit from years of misuse. Should the cap fit this cable, which means I need a new cap, or does the cable require trimming?

I had a new gear and thrust washer installed on the cam. The gear was heated and pressed on, but as it cooled, it shrunk away from the washer. I can turn the washer as it is no longer locked on by the gear, but I can detect no slop or additional clearance. Is this a problem I have to correct?

Thanks for all the advice. The project is moving slowly along, I hope to be doing body panels this winter.

Tom Wright
St.Catharines
www.vaxxine.com/tomspage
VA3TOM