<VV> VENDORMAN - The other side

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 23:14:11 EST 2005

I have a story that tells the story from the customer's side...

I called Lon on Wednesday morning, about 9 AM his time (as if Lon has his
own time). The conversation started out as follows:

LW: Underground
NM: Hi Lon, this is Ned.
LW: How are you?
NM: Well the reason I'm calling is I'm having a bad day at work. No one  here
will give me a break. I'm hoping you can sell me some.
LW: Oh?
NM: I need to order some brake parts for my 65 sedan.
LW: Oh! (Uncontrolled laughter)
NM: I need...

The phone call concluded with a little friendly chat. I always enjoy  talking
to Lon.

This afternoon the mailman delivered a box from Underground. Inside the box
was all of the parts I had ordered earlier in the week. This is a record for
Corvair parts ordered from either coast to reach Kansas. I think it's real
neat  that Lon answers the phone himself. I really like it that he knows who I am
and  I'm not a customer number. I, for one, think that Lon is a great Corvair
 resource.

BTW: WHERE'S MY BELTS....Oh I didn't order any, never mind...

Ned