<VV> Long skirt forged pistons

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Mon Nov 21 07:15:31 EST 2005

--Original Message Text---
From: Bill Elliott
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:43:14 -0500

Hi Jim.

I have a '70 Westy with a 110/PG drivetrain. I also have a '66 Corsa with a 140PG engine hooked to the 4sp.

First thing I'd tell you is that I would not want to rely on 140 heads to haul a load like this... My engine started out as a 140 and was converted to a 110.
With a PG this was mandatory, with a 4sp it would give you a lot more low end (at the expense of top end of course)

The 140PG cam is the 95hp low performance cam. This actually moves the torque curve too low... so the 140PG crank is retarded 4 degrees. This is BY
FAR the strongest low end 140, but a standard 140 with 110 heads on it would give you almost equal bottom end with better reliability. Not worth trying to
do this modification to a standard 140... better to start over with a 140PG engine.

But what I'd do is sell those 140 heads and get some nice 110 heads, manifolds, and dual exhaust with modern turbo mufflers... I think that would be the
best combo for your application.

Good luck!!
Bill