<VV> Idiot Lights Out

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Nov 21 22:32:58 EST 2005

>  I'm not into struggling with the PG  cable, et al, to remove dash to
> checks bulbs.

Maybe the 66 is different but when I pulled the dash to install the CHT
gauge where the clock goes (and incidentally replace some bulbs) and later
to install the light bulb & remove the lens I did not disconnect the PG
shifter at all.

Did drop the steering column (two bolts) and disconnect the speedo cable
but then was able to rock the rock the cluster forward both times and get
all of the access necessary. Did not even need to disconnect the cluster
harness.

Padgett