<VV> Distributor Position

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 08:03:18 EST 2005

I test ran my 80 hp clone conversion to 110 for my
wagon yesterday, with new carbs from Grant  -excellent
test-- (shameless testimonial about my abilies and
Grant's carbs)  The engine/trans rearend is still on
the test stand for break in and tuning.   However, the
distributor vaccum advance hose is too close to the AC
belt---can I simply rotate the distributor to a
desired position and reclock the sparkplub wires ---
i.e., # 1 would move clockwise two positions-----The
plan works in my mind, but will it work in real
life???????  After all, I did jump off a barn with a
sheet once!!!!  Rolled down a hill inside a truck
tire!!!!  Tried to ride a young brahama bull!!!!  ----
those were all bad plans----but you make your own
"fun" in the country.

Don Manen