<VV> re: GM Announces 30,000 Job Cuts

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Nov 22 11:12:33 EST 2005

Or most any American auto maker, circa 1986. If you have not read "The
Reckoning" by David Halberstam, I highly recommend it. It's an enormous book
but worth the effort. Halberstam traces the rise of the #2 Japanese auto
maker at the time (Nissan) with the fall of the #2 automaker in the U.S.
(Ford).

The book was written almost 20 years ago but the events in it are playing
out still--in the ways Halberstam indicated.

I also highly recommend tuning into the Speed TV show "Autoline Detroit".
This 1/2 hour weekly show has excellent commentary on what's going on behind
the scenes in Detroit.

--Kent