<VV> Re: DRUG STORE ALKY

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 08:47:19 EST 2005

do not use drug store alky in your car!!! we had to do a lot of work to get a
later caravan running again after someone did that. just like putting water
in but worse, it must have mixed with some other components of gas and turned
to gel.  this happened several years ago to a customer who was just putting it
in because cold weather was coming on..
todays gas is ok without any additives unless your vehicle has had some put
in from a bad source. this happened to me on the way to vt in my rampy a couple
years ago and caused me to drain tank and clean brown crud out of my carbs.
it also raised hell with my gas heater.
regards, tim colson