<VV> Engine lid hinges

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 12:56:42 EST 2005

I am in the process of painting my '66 turbo convertible. Question... can the
pins be removed for the engine lid, It seems that they are held in by a "tab"
but go in through a blind hole. We would like to paint them separatly but
after the tabs are out of the way they don't pry out. There is no rust. I fear
they are peened in place and the assy. welded in. Does anyone have suggestions
to remove or do I have to paint around 'em? Email me off list if necessary. We
are ready to paint and have yet to figure this out.

Dave Fierek
St. Paul,MN
Bucketboss at aol.com
65 Corsa turbo vert