<VV> Re: The Last Corvair Article (Corvair in Print)

wblanning at adelphia.net wblanning at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 23 19:54:39 EST 2005

<corvair65 at verizon.net. writes:

snip: December's issue also had an article on the 1967 Chevy Astro I, which was
Corvair based and was supposed to have a 240 HP OHC Corvair engine in it. >

The Astro I was on exhibit at CPF's Corvair Museum in Richmond, VA during the late 90's.  It had a non-functional 140 motor.  It was not hooked up to run and no exhaust system.  The OHC motor was mentioned in the Astro I brochure, cleverly implying that engine was in the car, but it apparently never was.  This car was a design study "roller" from the day it was finished, but it sure was fun to look at!

Wade Lanning