<VV> RE: drug store alcohol

bjornyesterday bjornyesterday at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 12:07:53 EST 2005

List Members,

I know that there is a 70% drug store alcohol, but there is also a
90% drug store alcohol.  I would think that the 90% type would
combine with any water in the gas tank and burn it away.

On this same subject, does anyone know how this alcohol would affect
the octane rating of the gas?

And finally, wasn't it Henry Ford who said way back in the 1920's
that he believed that cars should be able to run on alcohol instead
of gasoline?

> Snip>
>
> List Members,
>
> Is the Isopropyl Alcohol that is in the "Dry Gas" products the same
> as Rubbing Alcolol that also has "Isopropyl" on the label?
>
> If so, would it be OK to use the drug store alcolol instead of the
> auto store dry gas stuff?
>
> Looking for ways to stretch my car dollars,
> Andy Anderson... and By The Way... hope everyone has a Happy
> Thanksgiving.
>
> Snip>
>
> Only problem I see is the drug store stuff is 70% alcohol and 30%
> water.
> Sort of counterproductive to use it as "Dry Gas".
>

> Steve

The road to a friend's house is never long.