<VV> Electric oil pressure sender

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sat Nov 26 15:06:28 EST 2005

Hello Cliff,

It took several tries and some experimenting, but I was able to squeeze
both the stock switch and an electric sender in the space around the
alternator and fuel pump on our '65 Greenbrier (no space above the fan
belt).  I will need to go look at it to recall the exact configuration and
order of fittings--but the following will be close. The key fitting was a
90 deg 1/8 black iron street ell that I threaded into the alternator
adapter in place of the stock sender.  A nipple and a tee followed with the
gauge sender located vertically off the tee.  Because the GB has a rear
mounted oil filler pipe I had room to thread the stock switch into the tee
in a horizontal position (memory fuzzy here).  On a car you may need to add
a nipple and a 45 deg ell to get around the filler pipe or more fittings to
mount it vertically.  Run the gauge wire next to the stock pressure switch
wire so that the fan belt can be removed without disconnecting the wires.

Our Greenbrier is in winter storage but has an appointment at a body
shop.  I could get a picture in a few days.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI
-->> 15" of snow on the ground; looks like it is here to stay. (until April)