<VV> Rekey - apology

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Nov 29 13:57:49 EST 2005

>Why rekey ? Just remove the lock cylinder and with the key inserted use a
>small file to remove any high spots from the tumblers (low spots do not
>matter).

As was pointed out to me I was wrong here, this method only works with
glove box locks and not the ignition lock.

Would have a key made from the code first and see if that solves the
problem. Keying is described in section 0 of the service manual and even if
rekeying is needed it seems there were only four tumblers used which
explains why there were many collisions. (4^6=4096 possible)

Padgett