<VV> Wheel questions...

Eric Marschner emarschn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:38:14 EST 2005

I've stumbled upon a nice set of 14" aluminum wheels, but i'm not sure they
will work on my LM.  Here is the scoop:

The wheels are 14" x 5.5", with a 3.5" backspace.  The bolt pattern is 5
lugs, uni-lug.  The center hole is greater than the standard 2 7/8" of the
Corvair.  On top of all this, the studs aren't long enough to give me more
than a few threads when I put the wheels on.

Can I use uni-lug washers and tapered lug nuts?  How do I ensure the wheels
are centered?  Should I give up on these wheels?

Eric
http://www.corvairproject.com
RMC