<VV> Best way to sell a Vair on Ebay?

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 00:39:23 EST 2005

Hi Matt,

What seems to work quite well is pumping the hell out it.  Say all the right
things and take pictures that emphasize all the good points and avoid at all
cost anything negative.  When asked by sellers if there are any negatives,
say there are none.  Perfect, drive it anywhere etc.  What you want is to
hook the buyer with your clever phrases.

When the buyer shows up and looks it over, if any of the negatives are
discovered, claim you forgot to mention it.  It slipped your mind.  Continue
to smile, act like you are doing the buyer a favor.  Being a fellow Corvair
enthusiast helps immensely even if it ruins your reputation in the long run!
Remember the #1 goal of getting as much for the hunk of junk as you can.
Remember, unless you volunteer a bill of sale including a warranty the buyer
can't do a thing once the money is in your hand.  It's buyer beware on used
cars sold by a private party!  Make the most of it!

Hopefully by smiling and professing to be a fellow Corvair enthusiast just
wanting to pass on a good deal to another Corvair enthusiast, the buyer will
be totally disarmed and infatuated by their errant purchase.  This technique
works well in getting a buyer to forego any thorough inspection.  Make the
buyer want to trust you! (Big Grin)

Happened to me when I bought UV #299.  Fell in love with the vehicle and all
rationality went out  the window until I started driving it home.........

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, more to come!