<VV> Dual or Single Master Cylinder

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 11:05:15 EST 2005

Bob,

You opened a real can of worms now...

I'm in the dual is better camp because I've driven a car with a single MC and had a failure in a line. I was 17 or so at the time and still drove the car for the rest of the night, but that's beside the point...

The reason that I prefer the dual is simply safety. Even if the entire brake system has been replaced, it takes just one failure from any number of sources to cause the total failure of the hydraulic brake system. At that point you are down to the emergency brake to stop the car. This is not impossible but it's not normal (unless your 17 and want to cruise with your buddies).

This is just my opinion and afterall, I'm an engineer who never met a redundant system I didn't like...:^)

Ned