<VV> Non functional carburetor?

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Wed Nov 30 12:49:13 EST 2005

Hi Richard,
You are correct about the driver's side carb.

Some ideas:
1. REPLACE the rubber balance tube hoses since they tend to get hot and crack and use 4 hose clamps while you are there.  A crack or a disconnected hose on the balance tube driver's side would cause a huge vacuum leak and cause this.  Same for any other vacuum leak.
2. You could swap carbs and if the symptom goes to the passenger side you can be assured the problem is in that carb.
3. Check the carb mounting base plastic and two paper gaskets for cracks or leaks.
4. Make sure you have a vacuum plug on the unused vacuum port on the driver's side  carb.  I have seen where these fall off and are not noticed.  Causes a huge vacuum leak usually above idle due to the ported vacuum at that port.
5. You might have a plugged idle jet on the venturi cluster.  Run a small wire down that orifice on the venturi cluster to clear.  Check the CORSA Tech Guide for more specifics.

HTH,

Larry