<VV> Fuel Milage in winter - only minor Corvair

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 22:01:20 EST 2005

> a message dated 11/30/2005 9:28:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca writes:
>
> I can  understand why a carburetored car like a Corvair would have lower
> mileage  in the winter. The choke stays on creating a richer mixture et
> voila
> lower  mileage - at least while the choke is  on.
> But, would there be any difference in  mileage between winter and summer,
> ignoring
> driving conditions for the  moment?
> a)     For a  carburetored car after the choke is off and
> b)    for  a modern fuel injected car

**********************

Fuel injection sytems today...always meter the fuel BETTER than
carbs.....BUT...the new engines are a "total Package"

You can increase your Vairs winter mileage by:

1   Make sure your engine runs HOT

2   Make sure your intake air is heated!

3   Maximize Timing advance.....always more advance in cooler weather....

Remember last winter...I tweaked my 69  110 / 4 / 3.27's to start easily,
warmup FAST,  keep me HOT [ smoking with window down ]   and do it at any
speed...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug