<VV> Fuel tank straw pole

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 18:39:49 EDT 2005

No one is gonna like my answer.
Mind you, I have yet to put a Corvair away for the winter, since the
one I have now is my first since 1976.  But....

We do have a 1958 Edsel.  Here's how I put it away for a Northern
Minnesota winter, temps down to -30 below zero..if not colder.  I check
the antifreeze, be sure it's good to at least 30 below.  Pull it into
the garage.  Turn off the ignition. Roll up the windows.  Whatever gas
happens to be in the tank is it.  I don't do anything else.  Every
spring she cranks up on the first or second try.  I fill up the gas,
change the synthetic oil, and am ready for another season.

Mind you, I know this goes against everything I've ever been told about
storing a car for the winter, but it works for me.  I've yet to have
any trouble in the spring, and this is after 14 years of cruising and
storing it.

Probably won't do anything for the 'Vair, since I'm sure it will be on
the road now and then all winter.  It's no show car, it's a driver, and
a darn fun one.  And so manyt people have told me how great it'll
handle in the snow, you can bet I'll be trying it out.

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===