<VV> starter question

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Oct 1 21:18:23 EDT 2005

If the solenoid is new, I would check:
1.- The solenoid spring. If don't have a new one, stretch it by about 1/2" more length.
2.- Cleanliness between bendix bushing and shaft.
3.- Bendix

Hope this help

Daniel

<<.....When my battery starts to run low, my starter will not disengage and will continue to crank the engine even if I turn the ignition switch to off. I replaced the solenoid so I do not think that is it. Might it be the ignition unit or possibly the Bendix spring? It works fine with a fully charged battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated. >>