<VV> Happy Birthday Corvair plus Off-topic question

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sun Oct 2 17:49:22 EDT 2005

>I took my Corsa out this morning and I'm using it for all my errands today.
>So far, I put 215 miles on it with two round trips across town.

I went to look at a good used car this morning for "Salt Season" use.
The car was about 65 miles away, so with a few trips around town, I
probably put 150 miles on today.  I also drove up to the Red Sox/Yankees
game in Fenway on Friday night, so the car has traveled a grand total of
350 miles this weekend.

Off-topic question: The car I drove to look at was a 2005 Chevy Malibu
Classic with only 4,000 miles on it.  The car has no options, although
the base model has a generous selection of accessories (e.g., AM/FM/CD
player).  The only downer for me is that it's a 4-banger.

However, the seller is asking $9,950.  Given that the sticker on this
was $19,000 just a few months ago -- and Kelley's blue book is $15K-18K,
I'm thinking it's a good deal for a car that will be used from November
until April every year and then given to teenagers a few years from
now.  For me, I drive Corvairs when there is no salt on the roads, and
so this car would strictly be used as a winter car.  It's not inspiring,
but it does seem like good, sensible transportation at a fair price.

Does anyone on this list have any opinions on this deal?

Thanks in advance.

Steven J. Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4