<VV> Happy Birthday Corvair????

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 2 18:35:11 EDT 2005

Drove the 68 Fitch Sprint to the rt66 festival ... yesterday there were 7
Corvairs and 925 total vehicles.  Today. only 300-400 cars.

Many of the youngsters -- 20s -- looked in amazement at the engine in the
REAR, of all places.
I was going to put the old Alaska plates on the car to draw attention to it.
Wasn't necessary as the ventop was enough to draw most spectators to the
car.  Lots of good questions.  Dennis Gage was there, some of the Corvair
MAY get a 1-2 second spot on a up-coming Classic car show <a pair of
convertibles, one late, one early, both excellent cars>  Chuck Hanson of
Horsepower TV was also there.  From another spectator, I heard that the 68
was looked at closely by Chuck.  Rumor, myth???

Today may have found an unregistered 69.  Supplied the owner with lots of
info on CORSA and the local club.  He should get the VIN, to the 69 registry
folk.  A 140 PG.

Was a good weekend .....Still....I missed the Corvair gathering in Wichita.

tim mahler