<VV> Early To Late Converstion Question

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 11:16:46 EDT 2005

Group,
         I have a problem installing a 65 engine in a 61 Wagon. The power train is to short. I must not be using the right combo of early and late parts.
        This is a 4 spd. car. Front to rear I am using the 61 trans mount (cross member),a 64 4spd, transaxle,65 bell housing, flywheel and clutch,65 engine and the 61 crank pully and rear mount bracket. I have about 1and1/2 inches between the trans and the mount with the engine bolted up at the rear. What Am I doing wrong?
       I did the same convertion on my 61 rampy with out this trouble.
           Thanks for your help,    Paul Fox