<VV> Delphi (AC Delco) declares bankruptcy (NO CORVAIR)

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sat Oct 8 16:42:22 EDT 2005

Matt, what IF your government had stopped overseas production? How would
they have done that? Ordered Delphi to produce stuff in the US (and not with
illegal immigrants)? Then someone ELSE would have produced the stuff in . .
. wherever, and manufacturers would buy THAT stuff, and Delphi would STILL
be weak, and Delphi's stockholders would also have had their rights
curtailed.
     So maybe your government should stop US manufacturers from buying from
other than (all-American) Delphi? All right, government's growing apace,
here. Now, US-made vehicles are more-expensive, and CONSUMERS will
accordingly favor cheaper imports. Now, Delphi is dragging GM down with it.
     So maybe your government should stop US consumers (are you starting to
see a pattern here?) from buying cheaper imports? But wait! *I* am a
consumer, and so are *you*! Now you're advocating the government tell me
what to do even more than it already is! I REALLY don't think I like this!
     In the end, it's your government that's stronger - everything else -
GM, Delphi, our rights, and our prosperity - they're all weaker.
     Be sure to reply on-list, the way you made your original remark. We all
know now that I LOVE politics, and economics, too. Also Corvairs.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C