<VV> Re: DOOR SPRING SAFETY(protect your corvair etc?)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 20:07:40 EDT 2005

i put safety cables thru the springs on my smaller garage doors with springs
on the side so they can not get loose and hit the cars or me.  once had one do
damage to stuff on a shelf next to the car when it decided to break. it could
have got me or my nice yellow convert at the time. all my new doors will have
the  torsion spring captured by the cross shaft over the door! not the 2
hanging by the side.this is another experience that was a good teacher.
regards, tim colson