<VV> Re: DO VAIR CARBS GO DRY?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 17:23:06 EDT 2005

my rampy likes lots of pumping to get started after a day or so of
inactivity.  my van starts right up (after one pump to set the chokes) when left alone
for long lengths of time...what gives?  like the old rochester quadrajet bowl
drain syndrome?  the carbs are all late models with power circuits, same jet
sizes etc. someday i would like to know.  meantime this winter i plan on
building 4 new carbs identicle as possible  just to try. next it will be fuel
pressure gauges on both also.i have seen some nice small ones at napa.
regards, tim colson