<VV> Corvair College = Tuna

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 22:27:36 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/9/2005 6:45:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

One  thing you can say for the CorvAircraft guys is that they run a
school on  how to rebuild the engines.  Why the He__ doesn't  CORSA?

I'm guessing this was a rhetorical question, but I'm going to answer it
anyhow.

There is one, but it's not put on by CORSA. The Mid Continent Corvair
Association conducts three special schools on maintenance of the Corvair. These
teaching sessions cover more than just engine building, but anything and
everything to keep our cars running better. We hold these schools three times a  year:
         February - Cold Tuna
        June - Juna Tuna
        October - Luna Tuna

Now if you want to learn something about the Corvair, come to Wichita next
Saturday. We're having our 3rd (?) annual "Luna Tuna" at the legendary Kalp
Shop. So far the projects include:
  Replace front springs in a '61 Rampside
  Replace heater hoses in a '64 coupe
  Replace the transmission seal on a '65 sedan
  Install the shrouds on a '65 sedan and get it  running
  Install a aftermarket windshield washer in a '64 coupe
  Replace pushrod O-Rings (seems to be a Tuna favorite)
  Replace the rear crank seal on a '64 coupe

I'm sure I've missed a project or two. The "tuition" is an interest in
learning about Corvairs and a good sense of humor (although most of jokes aren't
funny). You also must supply the parts (gaskets, seals, etc) and the project
car. Classes start promptly when you get to the shop, (please not before 8 AM,
the our Yoda likes to sleep in). Lunch will be served. This Tuna's  menu
includes homemade chilli, chips, soft drinks and a very special tasty  desert.

If your interested in our little "College" contact me, "Chancellor of the
Vice", for more details and directions.

Ned
Assistant to the controller of the shop floor