How to Solve Problem Re: <VV> Turbo Hesitation - More Info

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Oct 10 19:15:27 EDT 2005

    If you want to eliminate this problem install a vacuum advance on the
distributor, just like EVERY OTHER Corvair has.  When I did this years ago on my
180, the problem disappeared AND at the same time I got over 20% better
mileage (mpg) driving back and forth to work.  Just make sure you still keep
provision for pressure retard when you go into boost.  See my chapter on
Turbocharging in the Corvair Basics manual for a detailed discussion of the various ways
to accomplish this.
    I believe lack of vacuum advance was one of the main reasons so many
Corvair buyers chose the 140 over the 180 for the 1965/66 years of production.
But I may be prejudiced<GGGG>
    Frank "likes having cake and eating it to" Burkhard

In a message dated 10/10/05 3:13:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, joew at diveaz.com