<VV> Re: BOOKS

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Oct 13 19:12:58 EDT 2005

------------------------------
<snip>

Do your homework before you begin a project on your Corvair, whether
it's rebuilding the engine or just putting new brake shoes on. Read
about it.

<snip>

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC
bwschug at charter.net

CORSA member since 1981

'67 Monza. "67AC140"

Truer words have never been spoken.  I tried doing my homework before I did the job but somehow managed to still screw up my brakes.  I was sitting in the office (OK bathroom) reading the Tech Guides when I saw a picture drawn by Lew Rishel showing how to properly put the springs in.  Of course, I had them completely wrong.  I put them back on the right way and all is well.  So I have to take back what I earlier said about the Tech Guides, if for no other reason than Lew's sketch, they are usefull.  But I still say they're a little pricey!!!!!

mike