<VV> lower shroud question

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Oct 14 22:03:09 EDT 2005

>Does everyone replace their lower shrouds in the cooler weather?  Mine
>were both missing the pivot pins and bushings on the exhaust duct dampers
>so I bought new ones.  What I can't figure out is how the pivot pins stay
>in place.

I decided to keep the lower shrouds (we get a low of rain and the idea of a
coupla gallons of water hitting the hot pipes did not seem like a good
idea) and remove the thermostats and doors. There was a flap bent over the
pin on the outside that retained it. Seemed kinda flimsy and these shrouds
had no rust. Suspect if the flap is gone the answer would be to drill the
pin for a tiny cotter or safety wire on the inside

Two of the nylon bushings came apart when removed so ordered a set from
Clark's should I decide to re-install the doors. $8.40 for four.

Padgett