<VV> lower shroud question

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 14 22:43:45 EDT 2005

Hi Art,

As someone already posted, the tab that holds the pin in has probably broken
off.  You could retain the pin by either drilling a small hole crosswise
through the end opposite the head and install a cotter pin or you could file
a groove and install an e-clip.

Installing and adjusting the damper door thermostat rod can be fun too when
that time comes.  A trick I learned  was to cut the retaining clip that
holds the rod to the damper door.  What I do is cut the holes on the clip in
half so that the clip can be install with the rod already attached to the
door.  That way, you're not trying to install the clip while trying to pull
on, line up and install the rod in the damper door.  Did that make sense? :)

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, more to come!

<snip>
<What I can't figure out is how the pivot pins stay in place.  There's
nothing to keep them <secure.  Can someone please explain to me how to
properly put the lower shrouds back on and <keep the dampers in place?
<snip>